- The Fun Run is at 7am, with the group leaving from Salisbury St in front of the RCC. Put those optimal running strategies to work!
- Breakfast is at 8am, not 7am like the past 2 days.
- The ASB Business Meeting will be held in Ballroom A during lunch at 12:30. Everyone is welcome to grab their boxed lunch and participate.
- Jill McNitt-Gray will present the Hay Award Lecture at 1:30, followed by a plenary awards session featuring our other award winners.
- Stay with us through the Closing Ceremony, beginning at 5 pm in Ballroom A.
- Ted Gross will present the Borelli Award Lecture at 1:30 pm in Ballroom A. The Borelli Award, the most prestigious honor given by the ASB, recognizes outstanding career accomplishment and is awarded annually to an investigator who has conducted exemplary research in any area of biomechanics. This lecture is a highlight of every ASB, so we hope to see you there.
- Visit the mini research study in room 304 – it will take just 10 minutes of your time to participate!
- Join us for our 40th anniversary banquet at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences in the Nature Research Center. Busses will run on a continuous loop from the RCC to the museum from 6:15 – 10pm. All transportation information can be found on the app. Look for the giant globe! If you haven’t yet visited the 40th anniversary displays at the RCC, they will be on the 4th floor of the museum for viewing while you enjoy your meal and dessert!
- Keep taking those photos for the photo scavenger hunt! The competition closes at midnight on Thursday after the banquet!
- The Fun Run will step off at 7am on Friday, with the group leaving from Salisbury St in front of the RCC. Put those optimal running strategies to work!
- We remind you that photography and video of podium presentations are not permitted. We ask attendees to contact the presenter instead to ask for more information using the ASB 2016 app.
- When coming up to the microphone to ask a question, please state your name and affiliation.
- If you would like to comment publically, we encourage you to use the #asb40 hashtag, or post a message to the ASB 2016 app’s Activity feed.
- Please contribute to the photo archive for the meeting using the #asb40 hashtag.
- Compete in the photo scavenger hunt for a chance to win an iPad Air 2! You must be logged in to the app to see the game and participate!
- Founders and Fellows Forum in Ballroom A at 12:30. Grab your box lunch and bring it over.
- Student round-table discussions about biomechanics careers in Ballroom A @ 5:30pm
- Student Night Out @ Jiddi Courtyard behind Sitti @ 8pm. There will be dessert provided for ASB students.
- Looking for a great place for dinner for your Night on the Town? Stop by the Information Table to learn about the fantastic places to eat and drink, or talk to a representative at the Raleigh Visitor’s Center, found in the Marriott near the connector tunnel.
Monday and Tuesday News
- Make sure you have downloaded and are logged into the app to build your schedule, connect with other attendees, and see all the special interest group meetings. Search for Biomechanics in the Google Play or App Store and look for the ASB logo.
- On the waiting list for an event? While all limited enrollment events are registered full, feel free to show and see if an open seat is available after registered individuals have entered. Some people’s plans may have changed since registration.
- Registration will be in Hallway North of the Convention Center (3rd floor, main street level). Use the underground connector tunnel from the Marriott or walk across Salisbury to find us.
- The reception will be right in the main lobby of the Convention Center. Registration will be open throughout the event.